The Indiana Golden LivingCenters are being proactive in an effort to address the current COVID – 19 risk to persons who reside, visit and work in a healthcare facility. Infection prevention and control is always a top priority and, as a result, our nursing teams already have infection prevention and control training. We fully understand the national healthcare concerns related to COVID – 19 and we take it seriously.
We have a plan for coordination among county health departments across the state and our LivingCenter teams to address any concern and adhere to the infection prevention and control guidelines and recommendations issued by the CDC and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service (CMS). Similar to the precautions that are being taken across the country in our industry, we have an internal task force and are actively educating and equipping our teams to implement multiple precautionary measures in an effort to help maintain the health and safety our residents and staff.
In accordance with state and national long-term care healthcare recommendations, we are currently restricting visitors to essential personnel. We have notified our families and will update them on any significant developments. Essential personnel are being screened using a detailed questionnaire and non-invasive assessments.
Our heartfelt thoughts go out to anyone affected at this time.
To learn more about our COVID – 19 and infection prevention and control measures please see the materials below. Note: this is only a representative sample of our comprehensive and proactive approach to address the risk of infections. We are providing this information to inform the public and the communities we serve. Individual circumstances may vary and will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
At this time, Golden LivingCenters are taking several steps to support the health and safety of our residents and staff. Some of the actions we are taking include implementation of the following:
- CMS Guidelines and Instructions per 4/2/20 Memorandum
- Monitoring all employees; employees are obligated to report signs/symptoms as well as relevant exposure and travel history
- CMS guidelines for visitors: restricting all visitors with the exception of essential personnel
- COVID – 19 Infection Protection and Control Manual
- Our manual includes Emergency Preparations Plan with a Pandemic Response Plan
- Includes guidance for addressing suspected and confirmed COVID – 19 infections
- CDC Signage for hygiene and hand-washing instructions, CDC recommendations for COVID – 19 precautions, infection prevention and control, and advisories to visitors
- Screening competencies, check lists, resources
- Letters and notifications to employees and families
- Respiratory check list
- Telemedicine virtual screening
- Infection control critical element pathways
- New patient admissions and referral sources
- Executive Director attestation form
General questions from the public or healthcare provider inquiries about COVID-19 may be directed to the ISDH COVID-19 Call Center at the toll-free number 877-826-0011 (available 24/7).
Additional information and resources for COVID-19 are available at the links below.